Member of the reality-based community of progressive (not anonymous) Massachusetts blogs
Here is a listing of the new Sub-Committee appointed by Mayor Patrick Murphy.
A few observations:
1. All the City Councilors, including the “freshmen” were appointed to Chairmanship. Traditionally, this was not done. “New Era.”
2. The Mayor has decided to chair a sub-committee. “New Era.”
3. Finance Committee change, J. Mendonca (if you have been following the CC, you would that he is the CC member who understands finances, does his homework and his only agenda is to save the City some money) was appointed Chair. “New Era.”
4. Chair Count: Every City Councilor has been appointed to Chair two Sub-Committees each, except for City Councilor B. Martin, three, and Mayor Murphy, one.
5. Membership Count: Every City Councilor is serving on 7 Sub-Committees; except for City Councilor K. Broderick who gets 8 and of course, Mayor Murphy gets one.
6. NMCOG representative: CC M. Lorrey; LTC Appointee B. Martin; CTI Appointee R. Mercier; Immigration Commission: V. Nuon; and Mayor Murphy to Lowell Plan.
CC Kennedy asked about combining committees to lower the number of them. That is the same number as last year after it was reduced. Actually, last year there was an ad-hoc committee, at least one, maybe two.
If you watched the meeting you would have seen CC R. Elliott asking why he was removed from the Chairmanship of the Finance Committee. Mayor Murphy reminded him that no one was removed. People are appointed. Interesting exchange. Elliott stated that the Mayor did not speak to him. That is true but if the Mayor contacted him and the CC did not answer him, what was he supposed to do. Also, isn’t that a nice way for CC Elliott to thank (new Finance Chair) CC Mendonca for his support.
Apparently, the Mayor contacted the entire Councilors but both Kennedy and Elliott either did not get the message or did not call back. If I were Mayor Murphy, I would send e-mails to my colleagues through the Mayor’s office. Let it be part of the public record.
Here is the line-up.
|Finance||J. Mendonca, Chair; K. Broderick; R. Elliott; B. Martin|
|Economic Development||K. Broderick, Chair; E. Kennedy; M. Lorrey; B. Martin|
|Community Services||R. Mercier, Chair; R. Elliott; V. Nuon|
|Neighborhood||J. Mendonca, Chair; M. Lorrey; R. Mercier|
|Arts & Culture||V. Nuon, Chair; K. Broderick; R. Mercier|
|Education Partnership||M. Lorrey, Chair; E. Kennedy; J. Mendonca; R. Mercier|
|Environment||P. Murphy, Chair; M. Lorrey; V. Nuon|
|Flood Issues||R. Elliott, Chair; M. Lorrey; R. Mercier|
|Housing||B. Martin, Chair; K. Broderick; E. Kennedy|
|Municipal Facilities||E. Kennedy, Chair; K. Broderick; J. Mendonca|
|Parks and Recreations||R. Mercier, Chair; R. Elliott; M. Lorrey; V. Nuon|
|Personnel||K. Broderick, Chair; E. Kennedy; B. Martin|
|Public Safety||V. Nuon, Chair; K. Broderick; R. Elliott|
|Rules||E. Kennedy, Chair; B. Martin; J. Mendonca|
|Technology & Utilities||B. Martin, Chair; R. Elliott; J. Mendonca|
|Transportation||M. Lorrey, Chair; E. Kennedy; J. Mendonca|
|Youth||R. Elliott, Chair; R. Mercier; V. Nuon|
|Zoning||B. Martin, Chair; K. Broderick; V. Nuon|
[powered by WordPress.]
|« Dec||Feb »|
37 queries. 0.565 seconds