Member of the reality-based community of progressive (not anonymous) Massachusetts blogs
As we head into the budget season, we are going to see more clearly what the tact and demeanor of our Councilors are. Simply, are they serious about governing? Or, are they focused on political brinksmanship?
Item #5 (6:27 - 52:51) Please spend the time watching this. I have my own thoughts, but would like to hear yours. We have a city to tend to. We do? Don’t we?
LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY MAY 22, 2012
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. Minutes of City Council May 15th for acceptance.
GENERAL PUBLIC HEARINGS (Scheduled for 7PM)
2. Vote – Revocation of prior acceptance of MGL Ch. 44, sec. 53F1/2 regarding the Enterprise Fund establishing the Paul E. Tsongas Arena effective 6/30/12.
3. Communication – From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
4. Order-60 day trial (Trotting Park Road (314 – 326)
5. Vote-ratify MOU Local 10 (Superior’s) for period 7/1/12-6/30/15
6. Vote-Designate Tom Moses Acting City Manager 5/23/12-5/25/12
7. Vote-transfer $158,860.00 DPW
8. Vote-apply/accept/expend Grant ($15,000) LRWU (upgrade water fluoride equipment)
9. Vote-transfer $38,775 (Grand Manor Assessment work)
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
10. Parks and Recreation SC 5-21-12
11. Municipal Facilities SC 5-22-12
12. Wire Insp. – Report of National Grid for: Installation underground conduit across Bridge Street on sidewalk.
13. Wire Insp. – Report of National Grid and Verizon New England for: Poles being relocated for the new Walgreens Site Cornell St., Columbia St., along Middlesex St.
14. Misc. – Dennis Sargentelli, Lowell, Ma request to address City Council about City Ordinance Chapter 204 (Noise Ordinance).
15. Misc. – Joel Wool, Energy Organizer Clean Water Action, request to address City Council regarding Transparency & Equity in State Energy Efficiency Programs.
16. Claims (2) claims for property damage.
17. C. Elliott – Request City Council vote to eliminate practice of having police officer attend City Council Meetings.
18. C. Elliott – Request City Mgr. address parking problems from nursing home on Ostrander and Westford Streets.
19. C. Elliott – Request City Mgr. provide report on all recipients of Section 108 and Federal HOME Funds for last 5 yrs.
20. C. Lorrey – Request City Mgr. have proper department provide an updated report regarding the Homebuyer Incentive Program for Institutional Employees as well as its use in the future.
21. C. Lorrey – Request the City Mgr. have proper department report on the feasibility of drafting a Home Rule Petition to exclude out of state companies from being the successful bidder based solely on being the lowest bid.
22. C. Lorrey – Request the City Mgr. update the city Council on discussions concerning Slot Parlors and any State or Local Ordinances that may affect them.
23. C. Mercier – Request City Mgr. provide status report of repair work for City Hall Clock.
[powered by WordPress.]
|« Apr||Jun »|
37 queries. 0.628 seconds