Member of the reality-based community of progressive (not anonymous) Massachusetts blogs
What item on the City Council meeting agenda tonight will be fodder for another Elliott meltdown? Place your bet in comments. Here are your choices:
1. Communication - Amy Pessia from Merrimack Valley Food Bank discussion of Spring food drive.
2. Proclamation - To Coach Phil Maia and the Lowell High School Indoor Track Team in recognition of the 2012-1013 State Championship and recognizing February 27, 2013 as the 2012-2013 Lowell High School Indoor Track Team Day.
3. Minutes of City Council Meeting February 19th, Public Safety Sub/Committee February 12th, and Rules Sub/Committee February 19th for acceptance.
GENERAL PUBLIC HEARINGS (Scheduled for 7PM)
4. Loan Order - Capital Improvement Bonds - to borrow $2,000,000 for the purpose of financing the purchase and installation of parking kiosks.
5. Communication - From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
A. COUNCIL MOTION OF 2/12/13 by C. NUON:
“Req. City Mgr. Work with HR Dept. to develop a policy regarding hiring and promotion to help give Lowellians greater access to City jobs.”
B. COUNCIL MOTION OF 2/12/2013 BY COUNCILOR LEAHY:
“Request City Manager extend invitation to the Lowell Plan to attend an economic development subcommittee to explore a strategy in conjunction with UMass Lowell to recruit research facilities to locate their businesses in the city.”
C. FOLLOW UP RE: COUNCIL MOTION OF 1/29/13 BY COUNCILOR MARTIN:
“Req. City Mgr. consider contracting services to other municipalities for appropriate departments.”
D. MOTION OF 2/12/2013 BY COUNCILOR NUON:
“Request City Manager have Superintendent of Police develop a public service tutorial on the city’s website or public television regarding how to protect your personal property from theft.”
Report—2012 Crime Statistics
Key to the City of Lowell
White Ribbon Day Campaign 2013
6. Communication - From City Manager, Request approval of Out of State Travel (1) Fire Dept.
7. Ordinance - Create (1) full-time position (Animal Control Compliance Officer) and establish said salary.
8. REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
9. Claims (1) claim for property damage
10. C. Kennedy - Req. City Mgr. appoint or re-appoint two members to the Auditorium Board of Trustees.
11. C. Kennedy - Req. Mayor prepare a Proclamation for Brynn Geary in recognition of her performance of the National Anthem to open Winterfest 2013.
12. C. Nuon - Req. the City Mgr. provide inventory of all city owned land and city owned property.
13. C. Nuon - Req. City Mgr. provide a breakdown of the current diversity within the Police Dept. for both officers and command staff and further report efforts to continue diversifying the police force in the newest recruiting class of the Police Academy.
14. C. Lorrey - Req. City Mgr. prepare report for Council regarding estimate of total costs of snow removal and possible reimbursements from State or Federal agencies.
15. C. Lorrey - Req. City Mgr. have proper dept. track the number of prisoners released due to State drug lab scandal and track any costs associated with retrying those prisoners due to the scandal for possible reimbursement.
16. C. Leahy - Req. City Mgr. prepare a report concerning the removal of trash from the downtown area.
Since the loan order was last week, I’d bet against that.
[powered by WordPress.]
|« Jan||Mar »|
41 queries. 0.740 seconds